Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Morning Perspective

Well...we wrapped up our Jonah study yesterday. I kinda hate to see it end because I've learned so much and been convicted so much and been encouraged so much. However, I could probably say that about every sermon every Sunday so it's time to move on.
I loved the three questions Eddie left with us:
1. Is my comfort more imortant than compassion?
2. Is the material more important than the spiritual?
3. Is the temporal more important than the eternal?
I've spent a lot of time thinking about each of those. Gourds or souls? What's more important to me? I amaze myself at how often I will say souls (that's the sunday school answer, right?)but my life reflects gourds. How wrapped up I get in stuff that makes no difference in terms of eternity (actually most stuff) but it seems so important. I go out of my way and ask others to go out of their way for ridiculous stuff and actually expect them to think it's a big deal. Unbelieveable!! I think we have a new way of keeping one another accountable in our house. It started yesterday. When one of us goes on and on about something that matters very little in the whole scheme of things we yell GOURD! How 'bout that? We will see if it helps us gain a little perspective. I do know I will be asking myself A LOT...what are my actions saying about what I truly believe and what is important to me?
If you missed the sermon, this post probably makes no sense to you. It's worth the listen. God bless!

No comments: