Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Morning Perspective

I know it's not morning but my kids are out of school today and I didn't want to spend the morning on the computer so I'm just getting around to blogging.
I loved the message on Jonah as we continued through this great little book. This may sound strange but my favorite part was the invitation. I felt a strong urging early Sunday morning to really focus some prayer time on the invitation that would be offered. I can't imagine how Eddie could have made the invitation to Christ any clearer. The call to unbelievers is always to come to Christ and accept His gift of salvation. The call to believers today was to realize that one person really can make a difference. What is God calling us to do? What is He calling me to do?
Eddie and I left Sunday afternoon to head to Sumter (we actually lived there long ago). We went so that Eddie could take part in the ordination service for Scott Shipes. They have answered God's call to move to Africa realizing that that is where God is calling them and where Scott will be a children's minister. It was so great to be in the same worship center with them again and to get to spend some time with them. I have the utmost respect for them and have always loved them. It was overwhelming to watch as one by one people laid hands on them and prayed over them. It was a little more than overwhelming as their family members came forward and prayed. I know how proud they are of them and at the same time how their hearts ache because of the distance. I can't wait to hear all that God is going to do through them there and how many lives are going to come to Christ because of their ministry. So glad they obeyed God and didn't go down to Joppa. How awesome to have been in Jonah for the past few weeks and now witness the ordination of friends as they heed God's call on their lives and choose obedience over running.

No comments: