Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Random Stuff Again

I'm in the process of getting my carpet cleaned so it seems like a perfect time to blog since I'm limited to the things I can do. I'll just blog some random stuff.
Eddie's been at the convention all week in Columbia. He leaves for Mexico on Saturday for a mission trip so really feeling like we need to play catch-up and then get-ahead. Hopefully tomorrow I can get penciled in on a very busy man's schedule. That's a hint honey if you are reading this.
Chrissie's sick with a cold. No matter how old they get you still want to be the one getting them some meds, ginger ale and making chicken soup. Hope you feel better sweet girl. She has so much school work to get done before Thanksgiving so it's a terrible time to feel bad. Would love prayers going up for her!
Jessica has been my workout buddy lately. It's so nice to have her to hang with during the morning, ok well late morning hours, before she heads off to work.
Stephen started his final time of conditioning with the South Aiken baseball team this week. He's a senior. So hard to believe this will be his final season. He's played since 7th grade with them and it feels like only a few years. Gonna miss that boy next year.
John had his 1st showcase this past weekend for baseball. He got the award for best change-up (that's a pitch just in case you are not a baseball fan). He threw 82 which is awesome for a sophomore. So proud of him. He's playing school basketball as well so he is tremendously busy right now, but hard work always pays off.
Me? Well, trying to finish my Christmas decorating and have GOT to start my shopping. I have a feeling that this is going to be a holiday season like no other. It's always busy but it seems like so much is getting put on the family calendar. Praying hard that we keep Christ at the center of all of it. Do not want to "miss Christmas" for anything. So excited about Thanksgiving. I have really missed seeing my brother and his family lately, can't wait to catch up with them. The older I get the more those things matter more than presents and "stuff". Just longing for a lot of family time and connection right now. Hope you all have a blessed rest of the week.

No comments: