Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

What an awesome day of worship we had yesterday. So wish I would not have missed the 9:00. I heard great things about that service.
I loved our message on Gideon. I could relate so well to all of it. I have been the coward, the careless and the committed at many times throughout my life. How I long to stay in the committed group but still so often fall into one of the other two. I thought about how many times I feel so strong and yet when the pressure is on I crumble. I know I have to stay in His Word and on my knees to remain prepared for the battles that are always waiting to be raged against me and boy do they seem to come from every direction and hurts the most when they are raged from people and places we would least expect.
My favorite part was when Eddie talked about the Ephraimites and I thought about how I would never want to be one. He mentioned how selfish Ephraimites are, always concerned with how they are treated. They don't care how they treat others. I've heard so many people lately talk about how so-and-so didn't speak to them or so-and-so didn't invite them. I just want to scream "GET OVER IT, WHO CARES!". I also want to ask them how many people they snub or how many times they leave people out of things. We need to grow up and yes that includes me as well. God forgive us all for our complaining and our mean-spiritedness. Being reminded that God took note of it and He did deal with it should be a warning for all of us. Thank God for His mercy, may we echo that mercy towards others.

No comments: