Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

Well the morning has turned into afternoon, sorry.
We kicked off a Christmas series yesterday and it was great. I've heard so many good comments about it already. I always said my hubby could read names in a phone book and make it interesting and he did a great job with a passage of "begats".
I loved how he started out making us realize that behind every one of those names is a real person, a life, a story. And I love the importance the Jewish people placed on names. I remember even my parents always talking about how important your name is, that your name represents your family and heritage. I love that.
I think my favorite part of the sermon was when Eddie pointed out that the people in the list had nothing to offer. That's the way it is with us as well. We have nothing God needs but He adopted us into His family and allows us the priviledge of knowing Him. I don't know about you but the older I get the more I care less about what He gives me and what He can do for me. I just want to know Him, to be in an intimate relationship with Him every day so that I can hear His voice and see Him work. Seth Oprea spoke to the youth last night and one of the things he said that stuck with me is that maybe we are not witnessing amazing things that God is doing because we are not being obedient to Him and submitting to His Lordship. I want to witness every amazing thing that God will allow me to. I want to be a pure vessel through which He can move and work.
I pray that this series we are doing will have a huge impact on our Christmas season, that we may keep focused on the true meaning and all we have in Christ because He was willing to leave all in glory and come to earth for us.

No comments: