Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The ABC's of Thanksgiving

I'm going to wish you all a happy thanksgiving a day ahead of time because my plan is to be computer free for the next few days. I hope you are able to spend the holiday with those you love the most being grateful for all of your blessings. We are spending ours in Spartanburg as is the tradition for us with my parents and my brother's family and this year we have a new addition for the holiday. Chrissie's boyfriend is flying in from Florida to spend some time with us. This trip he will get to meet the rest of the fam. We will be spending a lot of time cooking, eating, shopping, and probably a lot of laughing. There will be much talking as we try to catch up with everyone and even more laughing as old stories seem to be just as funny as the new ones to tell.
One thing I do like to do around this time is to list things I am thankful for according to abc order. It's just a way of putting it on paper. Some things never change and there's always new things to add. But it never ceases to amaze me when I write it down, just how many blessings God has granted and how good He is whether we deserve it or not. May we never take even the least things for granted. A very happy thanksgiving to you all.

No comments: