Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's Saturday!!

It's been a great week. Things have gone great for Eddie and our group in Mexico. Can't wait to hear more about that trip when he flies in tonight. Spending some time this morning praying for his safe return and being thankful for the salvations there and the fact that Eddie said they were so receptive. Ready for him to get home. We are picking him up at the airport in Columbia then headed to California Dreaming (yahoo) for Stephen's birthday dinner. We've been waiting for Eddie to get home to do this. Excuse me a sec...
Well, there's an unwanted visitor in my daughter's room, a lizard. The only 2 people in the house who will deal with this are not here. Eddie's enroute from Mexico and Stephen is where else, Gold's Gym. So...we are just going to sit and watch it til Stephen gets home. Yes, John is here but he's as much help as me and the girls.
Anyway, got to spend yesterday with my girls doing some Christmas shopping. When you don't have them with you all the time to do that you learn to treasure those times as I'm sure many of you know. I've definitely learned not to take even the smallest quickest trip to Target for granted if I can do it with my kids. We grabbed some lunch, bought some gifts, made a run through the Starbucks drive through and had lots of conversation. A friend said to me the other night that one of the things about your kids driving on their own is it cuts out a lot of good conversation time. So true! It's convenient for them to be able to drive but as busy as we are and you have to drive them everywhere they are kinda trapped in your car. I have had some of the best conversations with my kids in the car as we go. Lots of them are deep thought provoking or challenging or counseling type conversations and many are just fun what's going on what kinda day has it been talks. I love all of them and I miss them not happening as often for sure.
Almost forgot the awesome concert Thursday night we went to with David Crowder. He puts on a great show but it is also a tremendous worship experience. Chrissie got to come home that day with no class this Friday so we all got to go minus Eddie of course. I get to have her home til Monday (no class that day) then she's taking Jessica back with her. We are meeting them in Spartanburg for a long family Thanksgiving weekend starting Tuesday night. Chrissie's boyfriend is flying in on Thursday to join us so should be a great time but more on Thanksgiving later. Have a super blessed Saturday and pray everyone's Sunday is a day of worship!

No comments: