Wednesday, November 18, 2009

18? Are you kidding me?

A very happy birthday to Stephen who is 18 today. I am picking myself up off of the floor over this one. Just absolutely cannot believe it's been 18 years. Nothing like your childrens birthdays to make you really believe that this life moves by at a rapid pace.
Stephen, you are the biggest thrill ride God has ever given me. There were days I wondered if I would survive you, if you would survive me, or if either of us would survive! You have given me more belly laughs and more gray hair all at the same time. We named you well when we named you Stephen. Stephen of the Bible was full of grace and at the same time full of boldness and you are so like that. You have more compassion than I could ever muster and at the same time competitive and aggressive down to the very marrow. What God has and can do with you if you remain sold out for Him. Noone could ever accuse you of giving less than 100% in all you do (except occassionally with schoolwork). You are the hardest worker and most energetic kid I have ever known. You do everything at 100mph. I stand amazed most of the time. I love you more than you can imagine and am equally proud of you. Enjoy your special day, you deserve it all.
By the way, I hope your roomies understand when I come into your dorm next year on your birthday and wake you up singing happy birthday. I'm sure they will understand. Love you Bubba!

No comments: