Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sweet Reminders

Today has been one of the sweetest days. It actually started pretty rough. We were awakened about 3:30 this morning by our normally sweet dog, Allie barking and whining. She hardly ever does that but once she starts there's no stopping it and since I rarely go back to sleep after waking up, I thought this would be one long tiring day. Thankfully, I made Christ Lord of this day early knowing there would be no good thing in me without my much needed sleep. He has a way of making these days very sweet when I just yield to Him and trust me I don't always yield. Many times I give way to my tiredness and just allow myself to be grouchy thinking I've somehow earned the right to be that way. Oh well, Christ came through.

Started in to cleaning my house. I know that probably doesn't sound very enjoyable but I actually kinda like it. I am a self proclaimed neat freak. I always feel good when everything around me is clean. Satan was really trying to get his way, Allie peed on the kitchen floor right after I mopped. Soooo I remopped. Day got a little better. I got to have lunch with one of my favorite people in the whole world. She is actually the mother of the young man my daughter is dating and talking about marrying. We may get to be family one day. Had a great time with her just pouring over family and all that God is up to.

Got home and had a message from another friend. She shared with me what the bible study had meant to her that day and how she had overcome some obstacles to even be there. She told me of how God was working in her life and how He was faithfully seeing her through. It reminded me why we offer these bible studies. God's Word truly is living and active. It changes lives when we allow God to work His will in our lives in His own way and His own time. I feel so blessed to hear what God is doing through these studies. Please keep sharing them with me. I promise to keep them confidential unless you want them shared. You just bring such encouragement to me when you allow me to hear your stories.

The day ended with John's team winning their basketball game. I would say it's been a very good day. Hope you have had a good one as well.

No comments: