Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday morning perspective

Have to say that Sunday was an amazing time. Eddie did a great job with the first sermon of the new year. I don't like sermons that don't stomp on my toes a bit and this one definitely did. He talked about putting off the excess weight that drags us down, things that we need to lay aside such as fears, anger, envy, and doubt. He discussed establishing a new standard and setting some spiritual goals. I especially liked the part about maintaining a proper perspective and allowing Christ to live His life through us. Too often I have tried to do it on my own and it never turns out well. Being a Christian should never be about what we do but should always be who we are thanks to Christ living in us and through us. Homerun message, honey.
The kids went back to school today, at least three of them. It felt like the first day of school all over again. I miss them already I get so used to them being around. At least I still have my college child around, but only til tomorrow. Cannot believe it's time for her to head back to school. Did the holidays fly by for everyone or is it just me?! Oh well, gotta get on with my monday. Hope you all have a great one.

No comments: