Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

2009 already. You must be kidding me. I know I am so bad at updating this, but it has been a busy end of the year. We have lived at the basketball games between John playing, Jessica playing and then cheering. It has been a great November and December. Thanksgiving was fabulous with family, and December has been without a doubt, awesome. Christmas is just amazing as we think of what God did sending his son, leaving all that heaven offers to come here for us. I never cease to be amazed. Getting to spend a week with family in Spartanburg was great as well. God has given me a true appreciation for making the most of those opportunities. And now here we are in Jan. I took a computer fast over the holidays. I just hate feeling controlled by anything like that so I just closed it up and tried to focus on the moment. So glad I did. I can't help but get excited about 2009 when I have been looking back at all God did in 2008. He did some amazing things and there were lots of changes. I have to say probably the most change in a years time that I can remember. I've tried to embrace more change, the last thing I enjoy is a rut. What can be enjoyable about a rut?! One of the things I ask every year of the Lord is that He would continue to change me and mold me into what I am to be for His glory. Change can be painful but only when you don't trust the one in charge of the change. My goal this year is the same as last year and probably the years before that and that is that I would just grow more and more in love with Jesus, not in love with what He can do for me, or give me but He Himself. I need to be more diligent in seeking Him and give Him more time and focus and let life be less and less about me. I want Him to work in my kids lives and as I see them grow closer to Him it really keeps me on my toes. I'm so thankful that nothing in our lives takes Him by surprise...how comforting is that. My other goal is that I am more accountable to this blogging thing. I just get started and I don't know when to end but I guess this would be a good place. Happy New Year to all.

No comments: