Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

It's not only a new year but a new decade. I get so excited about this time of year. I absolutely love New Year's Day. It's a no makeup, stay in pajamas or sweats, cook and eat, surrounded by loved ones, watching one football game after the other or three at a time kinda day...LOVE IT!!!
I also love it because I love new beginnings. There's just something about that start over feeling. It feels like we get a do-over if we need it from the past year. There's that confidence you can have of doing some things differently if need be.
Last year was an awesome year for us. Like many of you we had our share of good and bad. There are things I wish I could forget and would have done differently and there are things I wouldn't change for anything. God's blessings far outweigh the bad stuff especially when most of His blessings feel so undeserved. He's such a loving and faithful God.
He has taught me some things this year that seem to stand out. One, He has taught me over and over again that He is truly in control, not only of my life but over all of life. Much peace in that. He's also taught me (again) to hold things and relationships loosely. The tighter I hold on the less He works. I have to let go and let Him take charge and trust Him. Basicly it comes down to knowing that He loves me and my family and He will be the One to look after us and fight for us.
This year's resolutions:
Like last year, make Jesus the focus and grow more in love with HIM.
Like last year, nothing before family.
This year, make scripture memorization a priority.
This year, take my prayer life to a new level.
Praying a joyful and happy new year for all.

No comments: