Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Morning Perspective

OH MY...I think I'm gonna love this series on worship. What's more exciting is that in sunday school the students will also be doing a study on worship. I guess God intends for us to GET IT when it comes to worship.
I could linger on every point Eddie made in the sermon because every word from his mouth yesterday was something I needed to hear AND act upon. Loved how he talked about our sunday mornings and how active the enemy is during that time. He will do anything to keep us from getting to worship and definitely doesn't want us to be prepared. I am so guilty of skipping my Word time on sunday morning. I always pray but I don't get in the Word...just wait and get it at church. I've got to change that.
I also like how Eddie pointed out how God puts His finger right on our sin yet His mercy is so incredible that if we confess He forgives. I pray that His pointing out the sin in my life will always lead me running to Him.
I also love how he closed with encouraging us to make a commitment. True worship always leads us to that. I thought a lot about Eddie's question, "why are you here?". I think at some point I have been in church for all the reasons he pointed out. My prayer is that from this day forward it will always be to MEET GOD!

No comments: