Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

Yesterday was awesome! I went to 9 and 11:11 and I think that will have to become a habit if I can trust my kids to get up on their own and get to sunday school on time, still to be determined. The music was great in both services, loving our new minister of music and the energy he brings. Oh that we would feed off of that energy as we worship. My goal is usually that when we finish singing and sit to hear what Eddie has for us that I am absolutely exhausted. I want to worship with everything that I am.
Eddie had a great sermon yesterday as we continued this journey on suffering. He pointed out that this life is a marathon and a battlefield. If we remember that, it keeps things in perspective. It went along so well with the study I am doing right now on the battles we face and our attitude when we're in the midst of them. I like how he pointed out that when we are going through suffering that it can be a gift as God chips away the things in our life that are holding us back or keeping us down. The chipping process can be painful at times but we just have to keep our hearts focused on the reward that is set before us. It may be circumstances or habits or even people that He is busy at work chipping away from us so that we can better focus on Him. I thought a lot about whether I am someone God can trust. I'm not sure that I am. I want to be but in my flesh I don't want to have to endure the things that may prove my trustworthiness. It's kinda like we want to share in His glory but not the fellowship of His sufferings, the Bible calls us to both. My prayer each day is that I would be found faithful not because of me but because of who He is in my life. I love Him so and my heart's desire is that His purpose for my life would be my true heart's desire. Eyes on Him, focus off of myself.

No comments: