Saturday, September 26, 2009

Following His Call

I have been on a roll the past few weeks and it all really came together in the last few days. I know when God rattled my cage a bit in regards to my schedule He began to tell me, "do what I've called you to do". True I had pushed a few things to the back burner mainly because of some circumstances that I felt like He wanted me to at the time. Lots of things were going on and He prompted me to "sit and wait for Him". So that's what I did. Well the last few weeks He has called me to pick some things back up and go forth and I'm so excited. I learned a long time ago that without clear direction from Him I had rather slow down and wait rather than get ahead of Him. Ahead of Him is NEVER where I want to be, but nothing is more exciting than following His call on my life. Of course there are times He says step out in faith and there's very little direction until you begin to step. The main thing He called me to many years ago was to my family. That has always been my #1 priority. Nothing makes me happier or feel more at peace than when I'm focused on them and being a wife and mom. That's my #1 calling. He also called me to do ministry alongside my husband. I love that role. It's a role that scared me to death early on (even though Eddie always reminds me that I knew what I was getting into although you never really know, honey) but I absolutely love being a pastor's wife. I've never wanted to do anything that would hurt him or his ministry which is a huge responsibility but I love it. Following His call is always an adventure and certainly never boring. Actually, it's an amazing life.

No comments: