Thursday, September 24, 2009

He's rattling my cage again...Part 2

One of the things God led me to when He was warning me about all the negative around me and how easy it is to get pulled into that was the story of the spy mission into the promised land. The spies allowed their fear to immobilize them when they should have been moving ahead. We absolutely can't be paralyzed by the negativity. We have to move on and trust God.

We also discussed in bible study about "God talk". Beth pointed out how there are a lot of people who can do the "God talk" as well as anyone but when you look at their life there is no power, no victory. There just seems to be many of us who want power but it's the wrong kind of power. We want power over circumstances and other people. We want to control things in our churches and we have a desire for power and status. In Matthew 23 Jesus made strong accusations against those who hunger for power, money, status. It makes us lose sight of God and spreads quickly to others. Eddie mentioned not long ago in a sermon about how Satan tries to counterfeit everything God does and he can make it look very real. I think one of the most important things God has been showing me is that people, even those in our churches, can be counterfeits. They talk the "God talk" but all they really are interested in is having man power and feeling important and wanting their way. We need to be very careful because I believe as we get closer to the end times it will be harder and harder to tell the difference.
He has also changed up my schedule a bit lately, not a bad thing. It has allowed me to spend much more time with Him and become a little more focused and has definitely cleared up my hearing. Two things He has pointed out: 1) I have GOT to be more serious in my spiritual walk with Him and 2) I have GOT to be more serious in my physical workouts. So...I have entered into training. I have taken my time with Him to a new level---more prayer time, which I had slacked off in, and more time in the Word, and that means more than just reading a passage and moving on like I had done my time for the day. The prayer conference convicted me of a need for taking cleansing more seriously and repentance. He has also brought me a study that I am working through about the battles we face and the need to stand firm and fight (not the way the world fights). I am also doing a minimum of 4 days a week in the gym. This is definitely my bigger challenge because I can find every excuse in the world not to do it but I AM DETERMINED! I need to get back to the disciplines of the faith and some discipline in regard to my health.
When people rattle my cage, it's annoying and aggravating, but when Jesus does it it's not so bad. He's full of grace and mercy. I'm still learning that it is always best to let Him set our priorities and order our steps. I'm really enjoying what He's doing with mine lately. Hopefully I won't get in His way.

No comments: