Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

Now I know I haven't blogged since last Monday but I have a feeling that this week will be different. Just feeling a lot of stuff right now that's probably going to have to find it's way on this blog so stay tuned if you care to. However, it's Monday so you know what's coming, my thoughts on Sunday. Here goes...
Did Eddie bring it yesterday or what? If you slept through that one, I don't know what to say. Goodness. Integrity. Oh, for the perseverence to live out what we say we believe. What good is it to say we have biblical values if we don't integrate them into our everyday lives?! Does anyone but me struggle? So easy to be pious about our belief system but then live out something that looks nothing like that. Let's just all drop the pretense and be real. God knows the real us anyway.
Loved the whole message about our influence!!! Every reason laid out for living the good life just pounded in my heart. I am all about liberty because God freed me from so many legalistic attitudes but we have to be responsible. It really is not all about us and what makes us happy and what feels good to us. I know that I have no right to preach to my kids or students I teach that the world doesn't revolve around them and then turn around and proudly proclaim liberty in Christ to do what I want to do. IT'S ABOUT OTHERS! Anyone but me need to tell ourselves that every morning, noon, and night? Praise Him that we really don't have to do it alone. But we do have to yield to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to do it through us. Amen and Amen. Keep bringing the Word honey. It hurts sometimes but we need it.

No comments: