Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rambling on

I'm warning you ahead of time that this post will probably make no sense because there's really no purpose except that random stuff is just filtering through my mind. How scarey is that???? I've been told that my mind would be a scary place to wander in at times because of random stuff that comes out of my mind but oh well. Here goes...
Stephen pitched his first game of the season last night. I was a little nervous, ok a lot nervous, I always am when my boys are on the mound. Not that I don't believe in them but they are so hard on themselves that I want it to go well for their sakes. Anyway, Stephen suffered a lot with his arm over the past year. He was misdiagnosed with tendinitis (sp). He went through months of physical therapy before we took him to another doctor who said it was inflamed cartilage. This doctor was wonderful. He put him on some medicine for the inflammation and a throwing program and Stephen worked his behind off getting it into shape and last night tested it in a game. WENT FABULOUS!! Praise God, our ultimate healer. Stephen threw harder than ever, topped out at 85mph (for those of you that it means anything to, means a lot to a baseball family), struck out 9 and walked none. Best news of all, he threw pain-free. He was sore this morning but the right kind of sore. Thank you Lord. Did I mention his verse for his hat this year, (both boys claim a verse to write in their hat) is 2 Cor. 12:9: My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. Isn't that precious. God and Stephen together threw a mean fastball last night.
We all headed to the gym this morning where I honestly must say I have been feeling extremely good about myself lately. My ipod has motivated me to be more consistent with my workouts so I am actually enjoying it. Like I said I have been feeling good about myself not only with being consistent but also pushing myself and physically feeling better, UNTIL I saw Stephen on the treadmill. He's like a dad jim machine. The Lord has a way of knowing when I need a lesson in humility. Went back on that treadmill for 30 more minutes I'll have you know. Of course then he swam laps for about 30 minutes and I laid in the tanning bed (no comments please). Next...
Tonight is the night we change clocks. We spring forward. I love this time of year but I hate this particular night when we lose an hour of sleep. Yuck. When it starts getting dark at 6pm I'm ready to get in jammies and wind down. Now we get some more daylight hours and I'm really praying for some warmer days ahead, soon ahead. If we can't get snow, might as well be 80 or 100 is good with me.
Talked to my college girl today. Miss her so. This is the 2nd week not coming home but she comes home next week for spring break and I can't wait for some mom/daughter time with her. Love you Chrissie and so proud of you.
My other sweet girl has been at Impact Aiken all day. I haven't seen her since 7:45 yesterday when she left for school. I am so proud of you Jess for going and serving. I know it's hard work but it's making a difference in the lives of others. I love you. This is the 2nd weekend in a row that she has been too busy for mom time but prom is coming so I know she will want some mom time for that new dress. You know what this means, it's been 2 weekends in a row that it's been mom with 3 males and no females. Way too much testosterone. Save me daughters. I do love you boys and honey.
John has his first game of the season Monday night. He's starting on the mound so another nervous night for mom. I do have great admiration for them pitching. I have no clue how you throw a ball that hard and make it move and go where you want it to. Proud of you boys. We will be at the field every night this week with one or the other playing. So glad I love baseball, but have a feeling that doesn't really matter cause I love my boys a ton even if I hated the sport, which I don't.
Wow, by this time next Saturday I will be halfway home from the Beth Moore conference. I am sure I will have plenty to blog about that. I will tell all that I can possibly remember and my fingers can type. So psyched about that trip.
Time to shut this off. Gotta head back to the baseball field. Stephen has another game tonight.

No comments: