Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

Was yesterday an awesome worship experience or what? Our Elevate band led us in worship and just let me say, they rocked. I am so proud of each of them for using their musical gifts for worship to our Lord. I certainly felt freedom to worship and felt the Holy Spirit among us. I hope you did if you were there.
I know I say it every week, but what a fabulous message. It was one of the best messages and most convicting I think I have heard on missions. I know I need much more of a burden than I have. I need to shed more tears over the lost not only around the world but down the streeet. I know when Eddie talked about what are we willing to do and how far are we willing to go for the lost, I was very convicted. Paul was willing to give up his salvation!!! I can promise you that alone makes me wrestle with how much I love others outside my family. Eddie pointing out that it's not really about how much we love others, but how much we love Jesus really made me ponder some things in my life. It showed me that I have a long way to go in my relationship with Him and He will take care of my love for others. I have to say one of the things that has always bothered me, is that some people I know seem all about GOING on mission trips yet don't seem to do missions in their own home or school or job or neighborhood. When Jesus gave the commission to go, He started with Jerusalem not around the world. I would just love to see some of us INCLUDING MYSELF love and share with those around us before we venture out to the uttermost parts of the world.
I cannot close this without saying that my heart is broken over the tragedy at First Baptist Maryville, Ill. yesterday. Let's lift that church family and pastor's family before the Lord. Chrissie sent me a text when I was leaving our service yesterday about what had happened. I started thinking about the service I just left and what I was experiencing at the same time that this was going on in another worship service. God have mercy on us all. Our schools and churches are no longer safe places as they used to be. Praise God that I KNOW the Lord is in control even when everything seems to be so out of control. He is still God in the midst of chaos and craziness and nothing takes Him by surprise.

No comments: