Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Getaway

I must say I am so pumped about a weekend getaway I am having with our staff wives in less than two weeks now. We are going to Beth Moore's weekend for minister's wives only. She has only had one other one like this that I am aware of and I heard awesome things about it. My heart starts pumping every time I think about it. Why? Well, I'll give you a few reasons...
One, I LOVE these new staff wives. They are the most loving, humble, God-fearing, God-loving, selfless, always pointing to Jesus women I have ever served alongside. The only problem is we never seem to have a lot of time together. I can't wait to get away with them and have some precious, get-to-know-each-one-better time. I just have so much respect for them and the lives that they have led and other ministries that they have come from. God has truly used each of them and I know He will and He has here at Millbrook. So, I can't wait to be with them and just have some fun away from church work. I know we will have a blast.
Two, it's Beth Moore. No need to say more, but I will. She has an anointing on her life and minstry that is amazing. She always seems to know the tender places that need soothing, the rebellious places in us that need some jabbing and she does it all with power and grace. And if you've ever done one of her studies or gone to a weekend with her, you know she is a hoot, one of the funniest women I've heard. I need a few laughs and I'm sure our other wives do too.
Three, I need some focused in-the-Word time and to worship with total freedom. Travis Cottrell is a fabulous worship leader and I can't wait to be led.
I need a weekend of laughing and crying and I assure you there will be lots of both.
Would love to ask you to pray for us. Here's a few requests...
One, traveling mercies. It's a long ride to Nashville. Please pray for safety and God would surround us all.
Two, that we would experience God in a new and fresh way. That we would see Him in a new light and that maybe He would take on an entirely new face to us.
Three, that we as your minister's wives would love on each other and bond with each other. We don't have the time together that our husbands do, but I long for the relationship with one another that our guys have found. It's a joy to watch them work alongside one another.
Four, personal request, is that my heart would not hurt so bad from the ballgames I will be missing or the few days with my college girl I will be giving up as she comes home for spring break during this time.
Lastly, pray for our families that will stay home and allow us to go. May they have a blessed time as they get a little break themselves from wives and moms even though I'm sure they don't need that time away from us.HAHAHAHAHA.
Many thanks to our men for giving us the gift of this time away. We promise to make it up to you.
Also, ladies, I promise that I am constantly checking her site for a time that she is back in our area so that we can all go together again. I know it's been a while, but she hasn't been very close to us lately. I love you all and thank you for all prayers.

No comments: