Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Morning Perspective

I knew this was going to be good and IT didn't disappoint.  What a word!!!  It seems like a basic of the Christian faith, how we treat others, yet it's so difficult at times whether we are in kindergarten or a much more mature season of life.  It is definitely one of those areas we have to be INTENTIONAL about and can make the difference in whether we live on the HIGHER LEVEL or not.
I think it was so important how Eddie started out challenging us to really think about why we are the recipients of persecution.  Is it something I'm bringing on myself or is it because of my testimony in Christ?  I think we are so quick to dismiss any responsibility from ourselves and we probably shouldn't be.
My favorite part was how Eddie reminded us of David and the opportunities he had to take revenge himself.  Also about the attitude of James and John wanting to call down fire to wipe people out.  My oh my is that not so like us? I'm so thankful that Jesus doesn't always take that approach or I would have been one of those crispy critters many times in my life.
A very relevant thought was left with us as Eddie pointed out different ways to deal...retaliate or bury it? Neither is healthy!!  Oh how we need to allow God to heal our hearts, wounds never go too deep that He can't reach them and if we in the words my husband loves and his famous counseling advice for any situation, "take it all to the cross" we will be a healthier people empowered to live life on the HIGHER LEVEL!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!  Enjoy the blessings He so freely gives us all!!!

No comments: