Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just a quick word since I've been asked why the lack of blogging lately.  I stopped in May because my kids were all coming home from college and my high schooler would soon be out for summer break.  I hate being fixated on a computer when my family is around, it seems like a poor use of time.  Besides that I knew summer would be a FULL schedule and especially this summer with the sabbatical happening. God quickly showed me what a blessing that would be this summer.  So many different things happened and most of the time they were deeply personal things.  Other times God just seemed to speak and show off and it was meant just for us and not for sharing.  He's revealed so much of why that was over the past few months.  He did so much in all of our family's lives during the summer and sabbatical.  He gave us a renewed vision and purpose.  He gave new passions and mercies.  He overwhelmed us with His goodness as we walked through my Dad's heart attack and recovery.  He bonded this family together more than ever and I didn't even think that was possible to be bonded any more.  The fall turned into such a busy time for God to work in all areas of our church and we were convinced more than ever that He is alive and well and working in us and through us.  What purpose we have when we serve Him and stay out of His way.  I encourage you that when you feel those little nudges or that still small voice from Him, listen to Him!  So many times we miss out because we are too busy and there's too much noise around us and distractions vie for our time and attention.  I've enjoyed so much getting back to this with the Monday Morning Perspective and as God nudges to do more I will.
Let me say a huge Happy Thanksgiving to all!!  We all have so much to be thankful for.  I am overwhelmed with His goodness!!  Hug your family a little bit tighter when you're with them.  Talk sweetly of others and don't give way to being critical or cynical.  Take every opportunity Jesus gives to share Him with others.  Don't sacrifice your time with Him daily, stay in the Word this holiday season and let Him multiply your time as we all get busy.  Be Thankful!
I Chronicles 16:8...Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.
2 Corinthians 2:14... But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.  For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

No comments: