Thursday, February 10, 2011

God flipped my day around

I had so many different things planned for today but things took a turn.  Poor Eddie got so sick last night, started feeling yucky right before dinner and it gradually got worse and worse.  Needless to say it was a long night most especially for him.  Anyway, plans changed and I stayed put with my sick man at home.  Days like that used to bother me much more than now.  I've come to learn that it's all within His plan and His timing so I try to go along with His flow.
So happened after my quiet time I tuned in to The Today Show and it kinda got my blood pumping or rather boiling.  They were doing a segment on butt lifts and the whys and hows and what fors.  That may not be a new thing but I guess this morning it just seemed to wash over me in a way that I sat there and thought "just what lengths are we going to go to to get that perfect self we so want". They had celebrity butts that they wanted theirs to look like, unbelieveable!!  What in the world!!! I listened to those women explaining themselves and my mind raced to all the things God has taught me lately that is the exact opposite of everything that was before me at that moment.
Back up to yesterday...I was listening to a message about how obsessed we are with celebrities and getting attention on ourselves at all cost, even if it's bad attention, at least it's attention.  And how so many people may not necessarily want to be a celebrity, although many do, but they want to be all around it because somehow that makes them feel good about themselves and they begin to believe that somehow they relate.  My poor hubby came home for lunch about that time and I pulled him right into that and we both thought "how interesting, explains a lot".
After The Today Show God sent me scurrying back to some other studies I had done and digging through some stuff. He led me to some things about how obsessed women are with gaining attention from men whether it's their husband or any man even men they don't know, just have to feel that somehow they can catch his eye.  We are just desperate to feel good about ourselves it's just odd that we look in all the wrong places and go about it in all the wrong ways.  And I don't just mean teen girls, I mean women.  This show was about grown women wanting in my words "fake bodies created by some doctor to look like some celebrity that they are infatuated with".
I also thought about a young girl brought to my attention by someone that is just obsessed with guys.  The funny thing is it seems that any guy will do, actually not too funny.  One boy even made the comment that "she doesn't even have a type, like she likes all of them and they all look different and are very different, she just has to have someone".
And we think we women have made progress, I'm not so sure.  The thing that tears at my heart the most is that this isn't just lost women, it's women who will tell you they have a relationship with Jesus yet it's so opposite from what He teaches us and tells us.  He created us the way He wants us to look and He loves us no matter what and He's longing to give us the attention we so desire if we will just give Him the time it takes to do that.
I'm pretty thankful He flipped my day around. He used it to teach me and reteach me, now may I apply it in my own life.

No comments: