Monday, February 28, 2011

To the coward behind the computer screen

Just so there's no confusion as to who I'm writing this to...this is to the one who continues to send his anonymous emails harassing my family and my staff family. Funny to me how sometimes we think we can be anonymous with God but He knows exactly who you are and is all about bringing to light those things we do in the dark and think it will remain a secret...that brings perfect peace.  I hold to Matthew 5:11-12 as I know I'm in good company. I also know that what you mean for harm God will turn it around and bring good. I've NEVER blogged to or about someone EVER but this person makes email accounts and deletes so you can't respond and now he has chosen to contact me via the blog again through a phony email so this is the only way to correspond AND since I detest with a holy horror those who won't do the face to face thing or are unwilling to own your words by signing your name here goes.  I know that lots of things I blog people may not agree with but at least I own it. Before this even is written I'm going to claim ISamuel 24:12-13...look it up yourself.  So many times God muzzles me and I've learned to not speak even when given permission by man but this time God has given perfect peace to speak some truth and I am thankful.
First of all since through these kinds of things it's hard to tell tone, let me tell you that my tone is definitely not anger or even hurt because you have no power over me.  You're not a friend and I don't respect you and so   actually I feel nothing.  I'm sure you thought this would send me in a tail spin but it's too pathetic to even do that.
First of all as I hit my knees this morning and continue on my knees as I type this...this is what I prayed over you...That God would show kindness to you because it's kindness that leads to repentance and then to salvation and I want that for you.  However I also prayed Nehemiah 4 on you, that too you can read for yourself.  I'm also praying that you would be freed from your personal prison of bitterness and hatred.
In answer to your email...
It's so obvious you are just not in the know when it comes to Millbrook.  You have no access to the facts so because of that I'll just say you're wrong.  Not gonna cast pearls before swine here.  You also obviously don't know what the word unscholarly means or you just don't know my husband.  And the most obvious thing to me is that you have no fear of God as you attacked not only my husband but what God Himself has called him to preach.  Even I would not dare tell him or even suggest what he preaches or how he preaches to the people he's been called to.  God judge you for that too.
As for my family...again WRONG.  To claim that we are here only because it's convenient for us proves your ignorance.  This is the least convenient place for us to be.  Three of my four children are in the upstate along with my new and precious son-in-law.  My brother's family is there who I miss terribly and long to see more often and see my darling nephews as they grow especially in the Lord.  My parents are in their 70s and my mother struggles with Alzheimers so I would love to be near them.  My only son left at home would probably benefit greatly from attending one of the high schools up there and could play ball at any of them.  SO to say it's most convenient for us shows you know nothing of what you said.
We are here and will stay here as long as GOD ALONE leaves us here.  We will not be run off by the likes of people like you who harass and stalk and spew venom.  As long as we are here we will serve the people here with our whole hearts and souls, with every ounce of energy and love we can muster and that God will pour on us and in us.  If that's a problem for you then you can fight that one out with God Himself.  We don't roll with what is convenient for us as you obviously don't get.  He's given us a love for His people here and only He will make us leave them.
Thank you so much for your email.  It confirmed several things to us.  It confirmed that we are on the right track because persecution always comes when you follow God closely.  It also confirmed what we have been believing about His work here and that is He is getting ready to work mightily.  You see Satan and his spokespeople get angry when God begins to work in and through God's people and He is definitely at work among His Millbrook people.  Things like this also cause great bonding among the staff that we have now as we support and are loyal to one another because we are all on the same page and moving towards the same goal.  You just helped to energize all of us as we stand united and tightly together.
"Contend O Lord with those who contend with "us" fight against those who fight against  "us".
May those who seek "our" life be disgraced and put to shame. May those who plot "our" ruin be turned back in dismay.  May they be like chaff before the wind with the angel of the Lord driving them away.  May thei path be dark and slippery with the angel of the Lord pursuing them.  Who is like you O Lord? You rescue the poor from those too strong for them the poor and needy  from those who rob them."
In closing can I say a huge thank you to all who so often send messages of love and support.  We love you so and believe me we DO know that these types of people are few and far between.  We will not cower to them or run from them. We are also very much aware of the spiritual warfare going on and our need to stand firm.  So thankful that we are headed to a series of sermons on that, we all face it and we all need to understand it.  Thank you to so many who say that you pray often for us in regards to spiritual warfare as well as our staff who are on those front lines with us.  We love the family of God and it's a privilege and honor to serve where He has called us.

6 comments:

Aundrea said...

What a wonderful way to respond to someone that is obviously just trying to stir up dissention. I for one am thankful for you and Eddie and what a heart you all have for the people of Millbrook and the service you willingly give. May the Lord deal with this person in His way and time, and continue to bless you and your family.

Jonathan and Abby St.Clair said...

How terribly sad that some people are so bitter and angry that they feel the need to stab and hurt others. Usually people who write or say things like that are motivated by jealousy. They see something in your life that they wish they had or wish they could be. God bless you and your beautiful family as you serve Him faithfully and wholeheartedly!

And prayers for that sad, hurt, embittered soul to find true joy and happiness in Christ!

Laura Lee said...

Dawn, that last comment was from Laura. Abby sometimes uses my computer, so it was signed in on their account and I didn't realize it. Sorry!!!

dawn leopard said...

Thanks to all of you. Your encouragement is so appreciated. I think lots of us are just tired of bitterness and hatefulness. May God get glory even in our trying times and situations.

Randy & Gloria Brown said...

Obviously Satan is working overtime as he knows his time here is running out. We will band together as believers who love the Lord and stand firm on His Word. Our God will not allow anyone to interfere with His plans. We will pray for this poor misguided and misinformed person as we know that God will deal with him/her as His Word has promised (Romans 12:19-21). Eddie is a man after God's own heart who is obedient in bringing God's Word to us, and your family is precious to God and to us. We'll keep following Him as we stand on His promises...God is faithful! Love you all...

Jeannie Jones said...

Praying for this person to know God's truth. And praying for you and your family to have patience and strength through this awful persecution. God Bless each of you.