Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Morning Perspective

It's so cool to be able to blog about the sermon on Valentine's Day when the sermon was about doing marriage God's way.  God is such a God of timing, only one of the reasons I love Him so.
What an awesome sermon!! It reminded me of how important it is to not only do marriage God's way but life His way.  I'm thankful for the reminder of how dangerous it is to listen to the wrong voices.  Why do we look to celebrities and listen to those secular voices when it's one failure after another and yet somehow think that's how we will find joy and happiness?  God's way has proven to work and His voice is the only one we should be listening to.  If our homes are built on anything but the foundation of Jesus Christ, we are in serious trouble.
I'm so thankful on this Valentine's Day to be able to thank my man for being the Christian husband/father God has called him to be.  It hasn't been a perfect walk because we are imperfect people but we have served a perfect God who has brought good when we messed up and picked us up when fell down and every day has shown both of us what perfect love looks like.  It's a sacrificial agape love that never gives up on us and always seeks the best for us and loves no matter what.  That's how we are called to love and it cannot be done apart from Christ.  May we all seek to love our spouse that way every day, not just a day that the world has set aside for us to love.
I was also reminded this morning how grateful I am to have dated my man in the days of letter writing.  I have a box full of letters he wrote me in our dating years.  Sad to say it's been a while since I sat down and wrote him a letter.  I know the techno world is wonderful and aids in quick communication but there's nothing like that hand written letter!! Happy Valentine's Day to my sweet man and to all!

No comments: