Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Morning Perspective

Principles of the new life was our focus yesterday as we looked at Ephesians 4:25-32.  Awesome message spoken with boldness.  The point of the entire message to me was that if we claim the new life and claim that something has happened on the inside, it should be evident on the outside!! Point taken.
One of the things Eddie brought to our attention was the anger issue.  How true that so often we get angry about how we are treated when that's just the opposite of what Jesus got angry about.  We are so wrapped up in ourselves that sometimes the only thing that makes us angry is when someone does something to us or speaks against us or doesn't agree with us or something doesn't benefit us.  A lesson I'm sure we all needed to hear.
Since we dealt with anger yesterday, I will just share with you something that has been making me angry lately...bullying.  It seems like it has been talked about on the news shows lately, at least the ones I watch.  Usually it's the talk about kids bullying kids.  It has led to trauma for many, even suicide.  Many times it's physical violence but often it's words used as weapons.  How true that it's a lie of Satan that "words will never hurt me".  I've also experienced it personally as some have told me themselves of being bullied and believe me some bullies never grow up.  There are adult bullies just as mean as kid bullies.  It takes place via texts, emails, phone calls, some are face to face but I've found that lots of times it's through technology.  Sometimes we don't see "getting things off of our chest" as bullying but I believe it is.  I remember the great restraint of a staff wife one time as she was "bullied" by someone about their anger towards how her toddler treated her toddler.  She could have reached out and "laid hands on" that woman but she didn't even reply.  I've noticed when I'm walking close to the Lord the more restraint I have when people are lashing out at me whether directly or indirectly and when I'm not where I should be I just want to "reach out and touch someone".  I must admit I have felt much anger lately on behalf of others that I feel have been bullied at the mouth of someone and struggled to find the line between defending and allowing God to be the Great Defender.  I struggle with that sometimes because I'm of the belief that God gives me information and when He does He expects me to do something with it, however I also know that at times the thing I am to do is pray and boy do I do that.  Oh, well, that will be a constant struggle I'm sure, as long as there are issues that make us angry just praying that my anger will never be on behalf of myself.  God give us eyes to see when we are guilty of being the bully and the grace to react as we should when we are the victim of it.

No comments: