Monday, November 15, 2010

A rare fall getaway...blog 2

Wednesday was our free day in Boston.  What an awesome day!! Suffice it to say God showed off in a big way for us today.  The weather was good, cool but that's New England.  Everything was fabulous.
Joe and Karen took us up to Maine.  It's about an hour and a half drive from Boston...beautiful drive.  We went through adorable towns and then headed to do the cliffwalk on the coast.  The view was brilliant, more than I could have imagined.  Trust me, pictures do it no justice.  The waves were huge that day.  Joe and Karen even said they had never seen the sea so rough which to me just made it more magnificent.  We saw all the water along the walk but we just went for it.  Karen was a bit ahead and I was right in front of Joe and Eddie when a HUGE wave came over us.  Somehow when I turned and ducked God must've covered me but He had a huge laugh as He splashed Joe and Eddie good.  So thankful for their sense of humor cause Karen and I had to laugh right along with God on that one, still makes me laugh...sorry guys.  On we went to see the lighthouse and some beautiful homes and then to Bob's for some of the best fish I have ever tasted and true New England clam chowder.  We ate til none of us could hardly move although Joe did have room for some candy...I know I'm a tattletale. The sunset on the ride home was to die for.  Eddie and I spent the evening walking around a huge outdoor mall and ended the evening with a great meal at Joe's.
Thursday was another great day.  We spent the morning with the students.  Eddie preached at chapel and we had lunch on campus.  Took a few pics and said some see ya laters.  Amazing how you can love people in such a short amount of time and your heart hurt to leave them.  Only God can do that.  Joe and Karen spent the afternoon and evening giving us the historical tour of Boston.  We walked through Boston Common and saw most of the historical sites.  We drove around Harvard, very cool place.  We met the President of the college and his wife for dinner at Fire and Ice for our final meal in Boston.
On every level it was an amazing trip.  Being with Joe and Karen after so many years felt so right.  Just had a total blast with them.  So thankful God reconnects  at most unsuspecting times.  We saw some great sites and had so much fun.  Most remarkable was that God allowed us to share in the lives of some students who have such huge hearts for God and such a desire to serve Him and make an impact for Him.  Their stories were overwhelming at times.  My big question to Eddie was...what do we do with all of this we've learned and heard?  I don't believe God works haphazzardly and I believe everything He brings to our attention He Has purpose behind it.  I came home with much on my heart and plenty on my mind.  Can't wait to see what God is going to do with all of it.

No comments: