Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Morning Perspective

Yesterday we continued our series on God's Lost and Found with the familiar story of the prodigal son. Thankfully we were reminded not to lose the meaning and impact just because we are so familiar with the it.
My favorite part I think was when Eddie talked about how God is perfect in every way. He is the perfect father yet He has rebellious children. I don't think I have ever thought of it that way. I know one of the things we have always tried to stress to parents dealing with rebellious children is not to blame themselves. Our children have a free will and at times make some very bad choices. We also as God's children live at times in rebellion wanting to do it all our own way and we make some bad choices as well. Thankfully this parable shows us how loving and forgiving our heavenly Father is and as His children we are called to be like Him showing love and forgiveness to others.
I've tried lately to focus some prayer time on those I know who are lost and those prodigals I know. I'm sure we all have some we can add to our prayer list. My prayer is that they will recognize the goodness of God and repent and the consequences of sin will not be too overwhelming. Have a blessed week!

No comments: