Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Monday Morning Perspective

I know it's Tuesday but just couldn't get the computer to wake up much yesterday. Anyway...
We started our new series Sunday called God's Lost and Found. I know I'm gonna love it just like I love all of them. We started with The Lost Sheep in Luke 15.
Eddie started out sharing our condition as sheep. I love how he pointed out that sheep are defenseless and people apart from Christ are defenseless against all that Satan throws at us. It was also a good reminder how our drifting happens gradually which is why being consistent in our time alone with God and our worship attendance is so important. We miss one sunday then it's two...before long we are way out of fellowship and don't understand why.
I loved how we spent time seeing the compassion of our Savior. Luke 19:10 points out the reason why He came...He came to seek and save the lost. I couldn't help but think that if we would think back to our own salvation experience and remember daily just what that means we would be more intentional in sharing with others so that they might also experience salvation. I believe it starts with daily praying for a heart for the lost and a passion to share our faith and then not missing the opportunities God brings our way to share.

No comments: