Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Friday FAVORites

Those who know me know I'm a summer girl through and through. It's rarely too hot for me. My favorite uniform is shorts, t-shirt and sandals/flip flops. BUT, in total contradiction, I LOVE snow!! I love it cold from thanksgiving until New Years just because it makes it seem more like the holiday season. However, since January and February are cold anyway, it might as well snow. Because really what's the use of cold without snow?! I really don't mind being "stuck" at home. I guess being a stay-at-home mom got me used to that. And "stuck" isn't a bad word to me. I admit last January it annoyed me a bit, ok a whole lot, as it caused stress to our family wedding, but we got there and have the most beautiful pictures to show for it. 


I love that snow days have a way of slowing us all down and who doesn't need that after a busy holiday season. I love having as many as can come, pile in the house with us. I love getting out in it to walk or do some sledding. I love watching ball games, playing games, watching movies. I love all the food and coffee and hot chocolate and cider. 

I love staying up late, so late in fact that we all get the tired sillies, and getting up early. I love having some extras doing their bible study time at my table at the same time. I love watching the sibs have fun together. And I love doing surprise visits to the fam members who stay home with the little ones to keep from moving an entire house of stuff. On our recent snow day we did all of that and had so much fun doing it. And almost as good is the anticipation itself of what's to come and watching it fall. 

So, yes, SNOW is one of my favorite things!

No comments: