Monday, November 21, 2016

Friday FAVORites

I know it seems my days are a little mixed up but I do know it's Wednesday and not Friday. However, this Friday being Black Friday I thought I would do this post early. One, who's gonna have time to read blog posts on Black Friday?! Two, I thought I'd  give some of my FAVORite gift ideas in case you are gearing up for Christmas shopping. 


If you're looking for a planner, I can't live without one, check out Erin Condren and Anchored Press. I used Erin Condren this year and loved it. You can design it and personalize your cover. I'm going to try anchored press this year. It contains devotions and offers a spiritual taste to the planner. 

https://www.erincondren.com/

http://www.anchoredpress.com/

One of my favorite places to shop is Dress Up. It's located downtown Greenville. The prices are very affordable and the style is suitable for all ages. I love their look. If you go by, speak to Noelle. She'll be my newest daughter come march 11th! 


If you haven't heard, Rack Room has buy one get one free boots for a set time. I LOVE their boots. Hoping to get some over-the-knee SOON! 


If you're shopping for jewelry, you don't have to leave your house. Jump online and shop Stella and Dot. It's my new favorite jewelry and my favorite stylist is my own daughter Chrissie Hux. If you shop by Saturday, you can shop my trunk show and I believe there's some sale goodies still available. 

https://www.stelladot.com/ts/thsl6


And we LOVE books around our house. The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst is fabulous! People are raving about Beth Moore's new fiction The Undoing of Saint Silvanus. I haven't read it. Confession...I read very little fiction. I may read this one. Jennie Allen is one of my new favorite authors. She's not new. I'm just new to her books. She's the founder of If if you want to do some research. 


If you need a break after shopping or between shopping, stop by either of my favorite coffee shops. My favorite barista Stephen will serve you something at Bella Latte in Duncan (actually he may be off but he'll be there throughout the season) or if you're in the Greer/Taylors area take a break at Due South where my other favorite barista will be happy to serve you something hot or cold. 

If you're like me you may need an extra shot of espresso to get you through the day! 

Coffee from both places is a great stocking stuffer or gift idea and both have super cute, very soft T-shirts! Another gift idea. 


Some of my favorite gift ideas if you're looking for ideas for the hard to buy for: 

Blanket scarves Warm fuzzy slippers like these Vera Wang

cozy cardigans like this one from dress up...

Naked eye shadow 

Extra soft pjs for cold months ahead

I hear you!! What about the guys?!  

I'll have to think about the guys a little more. They're the hard to buy for in our family. Maybe I'll do a post next time for them. 


My own personal wish list...a new mattress, a fireplace console, our outdoor porch closed in...No!!! Just kidding everyone!! Here's my real Christmas list...

My request would be that the next month would go extremely slow, be filled with lots of family time, and the winter bring us at least 2 good snow storms with at least one of them putting all of us back under one roof again. And here's what I want even more than that...

That everyone who claims to be a Jesus follower would actively lead others to follow Him. 

That addictions of every kind would be broken: drugs yes, but also the addiction to grumbling, criticizing, gossiping, pride, pettiness. 

That we could love and get along with those not like us and embrace differences and turn from belief that we are always right and others wrong. 

That we would try change, something different. Who knows? We may like it. 

And lastly, realize how blessed we are and focus on that rather than focusing on all we're lacking. 


And yes, all of this starts with me and my house. And all of those things are FREE! 


No comments: