Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Homegirls at fairview

Hey to all my homegirls at fairview. I just wanted to share a few things with you. First of all to tell you that I think you are just a super special group of girls. I can't believe it's coming up on a year that we have been here with you. You have shown (not just spoken) us so much love in so many ways. You have loved our kids with so much affection, a few of them you haven't even met. You just blow me away and please know that you fill so much space in our hearts!!
Baseball season has started and it has started at a crazy hectic pace. I will miss you on some Sundays as I travel to be with my boys since Eddie can't do much of that. That's my role and I love every second. I miss you so much on those Sundays I'm away but you as well as the whole fairview fam are on my heart and mind even when I'm away. 
When I'm on the road I want you to know that whether I'm in the hotel or car driving,  I pray hard for you on Sunday morn especially. It gives me an opportunity to just pray out loud, even as other drivers think I'm crazy that's ok, and press in and listen hard to Him. This  past Sunday morning I was praying for my own family and everything I prayed over them I turned and prayed toward fairview. The bulk of it being that we would be a people who love Jesus above everything and everyone else. That we would follow Him even when it wasn't convenient or made sense. That we would love and welcome others to join us even in our differences. That we would fight the good fight of faith  together keeping our eyes set on Christ. That we would have a burden we couldn't escape for the lost and speak our faith out loud. I was (and am) praying God would so overwhelm us that we wouldn't have a clue what was happening but we would go with it and we would see a work only God could do. I so believe we are on the edge of that happening and I'm choosing to believe every promise he's given to my husband concerning God's great work at fairview. 
Today ill be on the road again. This time I will be praying over our women's ministry specifically. I have been for almost a year now wanting to be careful to get His vision for us and His direction. He has answered so many prayers on our behalf and I'm so excited but there's more prayers to be prayed. I'm asking you to pray with me today but also in the days to come that God would use us mightily for His purposes. I believe He has given us a name and He is pressing on hearts to be a part. I want it to be a ministry of encouragement and fellowship and that we would love the women of our church and city well. I'm so excited to see all that He has for us and I don't want us to miss a thing!! Many times it doesn't appear anything is happening because we don't see it but trust me God is giving direction and I'm hoping you will pray with me that he continues to do that. 
Thank you for partnering in prayer and let's keep our eyes wide open and our hearts expecting and our minds believing that the God of immeasurably more wants to use us and will if we are obedient and willing to follow Him. I love you all and can't wait for the opportunity to be together. 

No comments: