Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Brooklynn Noel Hux

I don't really know where to begin with this one. My daughter did such a great job blogging the details of her birth so I thought I might just write my sweet 1st grandchild a letter. So here goes...
You sweet girl have pretty much made me speechless and that's not an easy thing to do. It's hard to find words even when my heart is so full. I guess I want you to know more than anything else how loved you are. You have a mom and dad who will only grow to love you more as you grow. I hope there's never a day that you question how blessed you are. Not that you will always understand their decisions, know that every decision will be made based on what's best for you. We have been praying over your life since the second we knew you existed. First and foremost for the day to come that you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior. You will never make a decision for yourself greater than that one and we won't stop praying for that until it happens. We pray not only for that but also that you would follow Him closely. That you would love Him and serve Him by loving and serving others. We pray that you love Him and adore Him above everything and everyone else. We are praying for our sweet Brooklynn to be a mighty force for Jesus on this earth, that you would shine His light on this dark world. That you would be an instrument of His mercy and grace to all he brings your way. You have been born into a crazy family who is crazy about you and crazy for Jesus. You will fit in perfectly I know!!
You were conceived earlier than I think any of us expected and arrived 3 weeks early. I'm not sure exactly what that means but im pretty sure there's purpose in that ☺️.  God brought you here between 2 snowstorms. I'd been praying since I got the feb due date that no snow would come between us and the birth time. God is good and His timing is always perfect. You also let all of us get through Sunday services, the 1st baseball weekend of your uncle, and even the Super Bowl. How could we ask any more of such a little person?
Watching you grow is going to be the biggest thrill we have had since watching your mommy, aunt, and uncles grow. This time I've told them I refuse to be the mean one 😄 even though I have to go by mommy's and daddy's rules. Can't wait for shopping sprees. I raised your mom in Haywood mall and she didn't turn out too bad except her enormous love for shoes (lots of stories to share with you one day). Sleepovers or lackofsleep overs will happen. Cooking and baking. I can't wait to watch you do things that you've chosen to do. From tutus to softball pants or basketball jerseys to music to whatever, it's going to be exciting. 
Just remember God loves you and has a plan for you and good works waiting for you. We love you and will always be here for you. Life can be tough but God is good and he is always faithful sweet one. 
I'll tell you this and more, much more, in the days to come but for now, eat good and SLEEP good and I'll be back soon. 
Love, GiGi
 

No comments: