Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Morning Perspective

Good morning! Letting you know up front, this will be short.  I know some of you are praising the Lord for that.  I've been told a few times in my life that I'm wordy but I love details and words and stories.  However if you didn't know, it's wedding week at my house and some of you may know what that means.  Thank you Lord, we are not harried with so much to do.  We've passed the torch of stress and busy to caterers and decorators and florists!  We are just feeling the excitement and bittersweet emotions.  Having said that, I am in between runs and don't want to spend too much time on a keyboard today.
I couldn't let the chance go by though to jump on here and say WOW to the day we had at fairview yesterday.  Pretty sure some are sick of me saying that, I say it a lot lately.  I've also been told before that "bragging" whether on my kids or church upsets people who are at a low point but I don't believe that's God's way.  I think He loves our cheers and praises as long as He's the one getting glory whether it's our kids, jobs, churches, whatever.  We had almost 800 gather together yesterday and SO many of those were visitors.  God is doing an amazing thing and thankfully noone is trying to control it or manage it.  It's just let go and let's see what God will do.  Everyone from our volunteers to our pastors are elbow to elbow striving together, praying together, encouraging, ministering.  Nothing like it when everyone is on the same page and noone's worried about their own back getting patted.  God can do amazing things in an atmosphere like that.  He refuses to share His glory and He chooses to bless and work where He wants.  Hopefully we all will just stay out of His way, not trying to handcuff Him or put Him in a tidy box.  I love Him so and love watching Him do His thing and tremendously grateful for any small part He lets me play.
Points from yesterdays powerful message as we jumped into Ephesians 5...
...Live a life of love.  God's love always gives.
...Live a life of purity.  God gives boundaries for protection.
Don't play games with God.  HE IS NOT MOCKED!! Jesus is our example May we all follow in His steps!!
Btw...I have a few of my fave worship songs too so I was just needling my hubs a bit.  If you were there yesterday, you get it.  And I'm sure you could tell that that was def one of my man's faves!!
Happy Monday to all.  Imitate Christ wherever He has placed you today.  Look for those divine opportunities.  People are searching and God's people know where to send them.  Invest! Invite! It's working!!

No comments: