Monday, July 30, 2012

And the baby is off to college

Just looking at you, noone would guess that you're the baby of the family. You are neck in neck with your brother for the biggest one in the house but under this roof you are and always will be the baby. That's not that bad a place to be.  Your sibs would say you got by with more than they did.  They would probably say you're the most spoiled because we were all looking after you.  The flip side is you had 3 moms telling you what to do and how to do and giving you advice on who to date and who "you will absolutely not date".  You were the only one left at home for the past 2 years which dad and I loved and enjoyed but you no doubt felt smothered at times.  Yep, I guess you are ready to head out on your own and whether we are ready or not, the time has definitely come for that.  But before you do, I'm your mom so I get to be sappy and cheesy and since it's my blog I get to write it all out. So...
I really think you know this, but we are super crazy about you!!  You are an absolute delight to chill with, talk to, shop with, play with, and on and on and on.  You make me laugh hysterically, make me pull my hair out often and blow me away with your sweet gentleness. Even though you were covered up in prayer from the moment we knew you were a reality, we are still blown away by who you are at your young age.  Your faith and your testimony of God's love and grace is evidence that you spend time with Him, trust Him, and truly walk with Him.  College life will bring a new set of challenges and opportunities.  God will bring people into your life for you to make an impact on and be a witness for Him and He will bring others who will be dear to you for years to come because of their influence on you.  You've always chosen friends so well, you will need to do that in college.  Seek those who are also walking closely with Him so the stumbles along the way will be few and not life altering.  Satan seeks those to destroy and he is very active on college campuses but you serve a God who is so much greater than him and who has a plan and a purpose for your life.  He's giving you the opportunity to play the sport you love in college.  Everyone doesn't get that opportunity so don't take it for granted.  Let it be a tool that God uses for His glory and He will use you in a mighty way in this culture that makes athletes godlike.  You get the chance to show them who the true God is with a sports platform.  Remember the Rebekah principle...do what's asked and then some!!!  Christians should be the hardest working, most dedicated, even the most competitive in a good way type of people.
Remember how much your family loves you and how proud of you we are!!  Stay away from the cleat chasers and don't miss class unless you are sick!!  Be everywhere on time and tidy up your room.  Don't eat your roomies snacks and don't forget your prayers every night, every morning, and all day long!!  You are headed to SMC to be a Pioneer...be one in the right way.  Pioneers blaze the trail for others to follow so blaze it for Christ!!!  I love you!!  Did I already say that? Ok, I love you!!!!!  See you soon in that Pioneer blue.  In that way, I'm as excited as you ;)








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, emotions abound I'm sure. Beautiful!