Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Morning Perspective

We have had three weeks now of our series on Praying like Jesus.  Haven't posted on it because my mondays have been terribly busy and the closer we get to our college kids headed back the less I will spend time at this computer...a blog on that to come when I get myself together enough.
Anyway, some highlights at least for me throughout this series...
...prayer is speaking to God the Father through God the Son by the power of the Holy Spirit
...to receive we must believe
...as a child of God we don't have to pray, we get to pray
...so often we pray as if we need to inform God as to what is going on
...we need to walk with Him in the calmness before we cry out in the crisis
...key to praying like Jesus, Your will not mine
...if we don't pray for His will, then it's carnal praying
...praying should be us trying to align our will with God's will
...Jesus won the battle on the cross in the Garden
All of this has been great but if we don't apply it to our lives and our prayer life it can't help us.  Praying God will continue to transform my prayer life and it will be more focused on His will for my life rather than my will and what I think is best.  Have a magnificent monday!!

No comments: