Monday, July 23, 2012

25??? My firstborn??? No way!!!

This Thursday, July 26th, will mark a huge milestone.  25 years ago this coming Thursday, God sent this baby girl into our lives and from that day forward life changed, for the better of course.  I'm still amazed at how an 8lb15oz bundle of baby could totally take over your life and grip your heart so hard that you would be forever changed but that's exactly what happened.  After 26 hours of labor, she decided she was ready to make her appearance early that Sunday morning. Somehow we knew then that she was going to be a force to be reckoned with.  My strongest willed child of all and that strong will has served her so well as I've told her many times.  One of my sweetest and dearest friends and mentors told us one day when she was about 7 years old, "if you get her on the right path with that determined will of hers, she will be unstoppable...BUT if she gets on the wrong path, it could be very bad especially through the teen years."  That day changed my prayer life in a radical way.  That sweet strong-willed baby grew into the sweetest strong-willed 25 year old who makes her mom and dad proud every single day.  She has stood firm in her godly convictions in a graceful and loving way and God has blessed her life with a godly man and a ministry with students far beyond what I'm sure she ever thought possible.



Chrissie, your Dad and I love you and are so thankful for you.  You are a perfect picture of God's grace to us and His amazing work in a young woman's life who is determined to do life His way.  As much as I miss those little ponytails and Saturday night mani/pedis in the den and pushing you on the swings and praying over your sweet head every night, I wouldn't go backwards.  I would miss my 25 year old best girlfriend way too much.  Happy 25th Birthday a few days early punkin!!!

No comments: