Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Morning Perspective

As I sat going over my notes this morning from yesterday's message, I gained a new and refreshed respect for how much study and time it takes for my husband to bring a message the way he did.  It was a "put on your thinking cap" one for sure.  All of the different thoughts from other theologians and scripture from the Old Testament and New Testament was mind blowing.  I love those messages best of all.  It reinforces how all of scripture works together and how God truly is the same yesterday, today and forever.  It's definitely worth your time to check it out online.
What I took away with most is the need to pray for myself and others.  The need for quick repentance when we sin and how we need to be focused on our own sin and not the sin of others.  I love how he pointed out in this passage in 1John 5:16-17 that it says if we SEE another sin then pray.  Not if we hear about it or go call someone or sit down over dinner and discuss it with someone, but we PRAY!!  So often we tend to overlook those commands in scripture and the little words like SEE!!  Thankful for God's grace in light of how often I blow it and my need for repentance every day.  May we all focus more on our own sins and failures than those of others and may we handle all situations the way God commands us to.

No comments: