Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Morning Perspective

We are looking at the end of 1John but before John let us go he dealt with the issue of prayer and I'm so glad that he did. Eddie's message yesterday was from chapter 5 verses 14 n 15.  He talked about the confidence of prayer, the conditions for answered prayer and the clear answers we receive from God when we pray.
I think the 2 main things I came away with most was that prayer is a privilege and we must believe as we pray according to His will!  We get to go before the God of the universe and know that He hears us (based on the conditions we talked about).  He loves us and wants a relationship with us and that is formed through our prayer life as we pray and read His Word and act in obedience on it.  We must believe when we approach Him that we can trust Him when we are praying according to His will that we will receive His best for us.  It may be a different answer than we want or expect but it will be His best for our best.
Prayer has been huge for me especially lately.  I knew it was the only way we would get through the previous months with all that was on our plate.  I even listed while we were in Colorado all the little and big things that I saw Him do as we prayed. Over just a few days time I had a list of about 12 things, some may seem small in the eyes of others, but they were little things that added up to some big things and I'm a big believer in the fact that God cares about even the "small" things in our life.  Little things like little traffic and a perfect parking place that kept us on schedule. Big things like flying into very strong winds that the pilot even thought would cause us to reroute.  I'm just saying that I believe we pray about everything and watch God do His thing.  No wonder the Christian life is anything but boring and mundane.  He is an active, involved, loving God.  Pray without ceasing is the way to go.

No comments: