Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Monday Morning Perspective

As we conclude the series on spiritual warfare, I find the comment so true that someone said...when you preach on spiritual warfare all hell can break loose.  One of the questions I'm left with afterwards is, do we really get it? Do we understand how Satan works and how he uses us so often to accomplish his tasks?  Do we get how we can be the ones used to bring about distractions and diversions to get us off the main road which should be to get the gospel out there, to encourage our family in Christ, to win the lost?
To say much of anything about this sermon I would just have to write every note I took and every thought that went through my mind as I've pondered it.  I can only say that the whole thing was my favorite and I'm praying God will use it to grow us up into mature believers who refuse to allow Satan to use them, develop a powerful prayer life that is more about getting to know the heart of God rather than focusing on our own selfish desires.  May we be a people who refuse to bow to idols and instead stand firm not willing to retreat.
We dive into the book of James next week.  I CAN'T WAIT!!  I have a feeling James is going to tell us which way is up and he's not going to pull any punches with us.  What comes to mind as I think about James' teaching...
Christians make great claims but don't always back them up with their actions.
God's people cling tightly at times to this world and its values.
We so often contradict the gospel with our lives.
James tells us to live the Christian faith, not just talk it.
Proof of faith is a changed life.
And on, and on, and on...

No comments: