Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hurts abound but God is good

I got up early this Saturday morning.  The hubby is out of town and there are two sleeping kids upstairs.  All is quiet at least for now.  I am extra thankful for my man this morning.  I strolled outside to get the paper, in the cold!  I made my own pot of coffee!  Those are two things Eddie always does and I missed it.  Sounds like little things, they are, but it's the little things that I usually take for granted and rarely thank him for.  It's those little things I realize that make me the happiest.  I don't need expensive gifts or trips, just my paper and coffee and someone sitting there to start the day with.  Not just anyone of course!!
I had a horrible nightmare last night.  I hate nightmares!  Details of it aren't important and I'm not  big on analyzing dreams but that one left me thinking. It did involve a church on one side, a small run down neighborhood on the other, our students from church, gunshots, protection for us all.  Kinda wierd I know but in light of a lot of stuff not only for us but others, some we know, some we just read about, it makes sense to me if only me.
I'm reminded so often of the story of Stephen and his persecutors.  I love to compare their angry faces and gnashing of teeth with Stephen's face that glowed and his sense of calm in the storm.  I follow a lot of ministers and ministries on twitter.  They're kind of like mini devotions throughout the day and they also show me how there are plenty of people suffering all around us...some in ministry, some not.  We see the suffering of those in Japan, Haiti and around the world with natural disasters, wars, economic woes.  Anonymous emails to us are so trivial.  It is hard to believe a person hates us that much or that we have that much power over their emotions.  However Jesus warned us all that we would be hated because of Him so I'm not sure why we are so surprised by it.  I read of those being shot at on a daily basis by friendly "christian" fire and sit across the table from others as they talk about it and it's hard to think of anything other than Lord come quickly.  Can I just take a moment to encourage anyone who will let me on this Saturday morning?  My Dad always said God takes care of His own.  That's not a specific verse but it's definitely a principle that runs throughout the Word. He will bring judgment and justice in His time for whatever you are going through.  My heart aches for those with health issues and those whose children are not living how they were raised.  It aches for kids who talk of parents who are living in rebellion and living according to the desires of the flesh.  What a broken world but what a great God.  Nothing goes unnoticed by Him and nothing will go unjudged.  I love Him so.  He really is our only hope, our only strength, our only source of peace and thankfully He really is all we need.
My Saturday plans have done a 360 but that's ok.  He is Lord of our schedules as well.  This day takes me to Sumter and that's not so bad.  Praying for friends and their wedding today, praying for another fighting illness and some kids having a blast at Carowinds.  Love to all.

No comments: