Saturday, August 28, 2010

A different kind of week

It's the first week of the new norm I guess.  Married child off doing life, two college kids moved in and settled and down to one in the nest.  It's been extremely quiet but definitely not boring.  Jessica took my car to school with her so I've been homebound you could say.  That actually hasn't been too bad either at least for me.  My sweet hubby has come home to pick me up for things when needed and we've had a few lunches together.  Thankfully home is where I've always enjoyed being anyway.  I can always come up with something to do and it does wonders for my prayer life, personal worship time, and bible study time when I don't have a car to take off in and do things that really probably don't matter much anyway.  I have darling friends who have offered rides and to come get me and chauffer me so it's nice to know I have friends like that. 
We enjoyed Eddie's birthday but that was kinda different.  He got 3 phone calls that day that I'm pretty sure made his special day extra special but a bit strange not having them around on a birthday. 
Today is Stephen's spiritual birthday, so thankful we have that special day for all of our kids to celebrate what God has done in their lives.  Sad that this is the first I won't see his sweet face but we will have a celebration next weekend when he comes home.
God brought a sweet lady to me this week.  She was our waitress on Sunday.  I had never met her but she knew who I was or more accurately who my husband is and what he is.  So she asked me a question that then led to great discussion and a common bond...Jesus!  Love those conversations.  So interesting because I started thinking about the contrast between that sweet waitress and the lady who was fussing when we walked in because evidently we were seated at a table that was "her" table for the past 12 years.  Amazing how important some people think they are.  Anyway, the hateful lady started saying how she was late getting there because they were let out of church late (oh my, she actually had just come from church...definitely wish I hadn't even heard that).  Won't even go into all that started going through my head at that point or the prayer I prayed for her pastor whoever he is.  However, after talking to our waitress about life and Christ and church, etc., God brought to my mind (yes the same mind that had some hateful things going through it about the "church lady") that one day He will make everything right.  Those who think they should be greatest and first will be last and those who take a back seat on this earth will be ushered to the front.  At His feast it will be interesting to see if there's any fussing about who's seated where.  Amazing to me how the "church lady" felt so good about herself proclaiming to all who could hear how she was late because she had been to church and the waitress there serving all of us had to miss church to work and serve us.  Hmmmm, guess that can be the difference between "church ladies" and Jesus lovers.
Oh and got a book yesterday called The Christian Atheist.  Feel pretty sure Craig Groeschel is going to beat me up in this one and will probably without a doubt address the "church lady" mentality that can rise up in all of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are attending Freedom Fellowship in Greer and all of the Fall Life Groups are doing the Christian Athiest as our study. I am going to wear steel toed shoes because I am sure my toes will be stepped on!