Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

We wrapped up our Christmas series yesterday. Eddie preached that Christmas message with such passion and boldness, loved it so much.
Most of you who have known me even for a little while know how much I love this season. Like Eddie said, we love the decorations (I can be as over-the-top, cheesy as anyone), we love the presents, the food, the shopping (or at least I do, not so much Eddie), just all of it. But he is so right when he said that the real thrill is Jesus. He's the gift that never wears out, tarnishes, goes out of date. He never gets old, His mercies are new EVERY morning. He really is the thrill not only at Christmas but ALL year long.
I love how Eddie closed us out with talking about how the wise men were warned not to go home the same way. When we have truly met with Jesus, we won't go our same way either. As new believers, we experience a new life, the old has passed and the new has come. As "old" believers we have the joy of gaining a new perspective, a new attitude, a new way of thinking. I think I need that just about every day. I love that the Lord loves us just the way we are but He loves us too much to let us stay that way. I am so thankful that He is always working on me, chiseling away the stuff that doesn't need to be there whether that be habits, toxic relationships, wrong attitudes, things that can cause others to stumble. My prayer is that I will come to Him each morning, and after spending time with Him revealing Himself, will be changed, that I will go throughout my day "a different way" because of Him.

No comments: