Saturday, December 19, 2009

Goodness Abounds

I'm sitting here on a cold Saturday morning and very thankful that it's warm on the inside. My boys have returned from the lockout, one in the bed and one playing video games. My girls are still tucked away under the covers and my hubby at the gym. My brother called to say he and his family arestuck in New York City. They went for a quick vacation before Christmas and because of the snow storm can't fly out tonight and will probably be there til Tuesday. Like I told him, what better place to be snowed in during Christmas than NYC? I love it there but especially during the holidays.
Not too much going on today but at the same time a lot going on. My heart is full to overflowing this morning. I am so grateful of all the ways God has worked in my life and the life of my family. He has been so busy with all of us and most of it I am ashamed to say I don't recognize til I force myself to sit down and be still and quiet and start reflecting. He has been so good to us. I read a blog the other day that talked about how we shouldn't be the kind of person who looks at all the good God has done and think "oh no something bad has to happen soon because there's been to much good". I must admit I am like that at times. It's just hard to fathom so much good when you feel so undeserving but I am determined to just reflect on His goodness and be thankful.
I know that the days ahead are sure to be busy and things are always changing. I'm not one that just thrives on change, I love tradition, but I have learned to embrace change because when I trust God change never seems to be as bad as I thought it would be. It keeps life exciting. With change comes new opportunities, new relationships. I also know that when we give things and people to God He always gives back in a much more special way. Most of it is about trust and not dragging my feet as I go, just let go and let God.
I know this seems like a lot about nothing, mostly rambling. As things clear up maybe my communication will clear up a bit. Just felt the need to release a little of what's been held in but mostly just grateful to see God's hand all over the place recently. Praise Him for that because without that I don't believe I could keep taking the steps forward that need to be taken and with a joyful heart. Have a blessed Saturday and stay warm.

No comments: