Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

Actually, it's monday afternoon but been enjoying myself way too much to stop and get on the computer.
Yesterday we continued the series on suffering. It was awesome. Eddie preached with boldness and heart. It was truly convicting to think about the things I have withheld from His Lordship and the times I have acted as though I have a Savior but I make myself Lord. It's not my heart's desire to do that but so many times I act as though it is. It has to be our daily almost hourly focus to surrender lordship to Christ. It's not about our making Him Lord because He Is Lord but our acknowledgement of that and surrendering to it.
So today is day one of our time away for our 25th anniversary. The church gave us a trip but we still have to plan that one. Eddie had already planned this one to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since this is one of the places we honeymooned. We drove up last night to this cabin that some friends are letting us enjoy. It was dark and we couldn't tell much about the area last night but this morning in the light it was all beautiful. It sits on this mountain with a glorious view. I thought about the fact that so many times we wander around in the dark not realizing how beautiful things around us are until we let the true light of Christ shine and we refuse to live in the darkness any more. Oh well, no more preachy. Just suffice it to say that we are in adorable cabin with a spectacular view and I am with my man whom I love more all the time (more tomorrow on our actual anniversary date).
We started the day at the Apple Barn for lunch, delicious!! We drove down to Gatlinburg and walked around the village, gotta love that place. Ended up at some outlet stores and now talking about what's for dinner, probably a great place called Old Mill (I think). Can't wait for tomorrow, our 25th wedding anniversary. What a great place I'm in at this point in my life both physically (mountain cabin) and relationally with my hubby. Love you all. Have a blessed day.

No comments: