Thursday, April 9, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

We continued our study on the fruit of the spirit with a great message on gentleness. Eddie pointed out some things that a gentle person would look like. He did a great job describing personalities and the fact that God doesn't want to change our personality, He just wants our personalities to be under His control. I kept wondering if it's possible to be all four personalities rolled up into one. What would we call that personality? Just a thought.
The expectation part of the message really made me think. Eddie told me years ago that he thought my expectations for people were extremely high and I set myself up to be let down. I've tried to work on that through the years but the truth is I still do that from time to time. I just think people, including myself, should always strive to be the best and do their best, to work hard and play hard, to set the standard high, especially believers. I just don't think we should settle but I know at times I do and others do and we all let each other down. I guess it's about perspective.
I do know this...for this type A control freak, who struggles with being critical and at the same time can be quite undisciplined, opting for a good time, who appears to be easy-going yet is actually quite stubborn, I need to daily almost hourly submit my personality to God and allow Him to rule and reign.

No comments: