Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

Yay for me. I'm doing this and it's actually still monday morning. That hasn't happened much lately.
Sunday again was awesome. Not looking forward to finishing the fruit series but I know Eddie has something just as good coming for us.
I hope I'm not the only one who needed the sermon on self control or spirit control. It seems like from the comments I got anyway that we all struggle with that. I love how Eddie said that it's having a sweet spirit in the midst of a sour situation. LOVED THAT...had to practice that a lot lately and will continue to strive for that. But isn't that hard. I'm getting better at it but I used to be so bad about allowing others' moods affect mine and I still fight that. Actually so funny because one of the last things I said to mine before leaving for church that morning was be sweet and told a sleepover friend that she was on sweet patrol that day for the benefit of someone else. "Be sweet" is one of the things I have always said to my kids just randomly, something I'm sure by now they just tune out. It doesn't seem that hard to do. Just BE SWEET. But I know from experience that in the middle of a sour situation, sweet doesn't come naturally. Eddie's right...it can only come from the Spirit and nothing within our flesh because let's face it we are just not naturally sweet. Well, let's all strive for that spirit controlled self control fruit this week. I promise I will be the one having to work the hardest. Great message, can't wait for Sunday.
I will blog prom stuff later this week when I think I can type without drowning the laptop in tears. For now, I'll just say it was perfect for my junior and senior as well as their mom and dad.

No comments: