Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Morning Perspective

I hope you did not miss the service yesterday. Eddie is doing a bang up job preaching on the fruit of the spirit. It was on peace this week and boy am I glad I went to the 9 and 11:11. I needed that message twice. We had a rather dramatic morning at our house, aging parents and teenagers, need I say more. Anyway, Eddie played the sound bite from the pilot who landed the plane in the Hudson and his conversation with the tower. Just could not believe from the first time we heard that the calm in their voices. It sounded like they were ordering their coffee at Starbucks or something. I can tell you I have "lost it" many times when I was in the midst of something that in no way compared to what they were facing. He touched on the fact that our faith must go deep in order to weather the storms of this life. It really challenged me to realize that we can never go deep enough. We need to keep pushing ourselves to know the Lord better and keep growing and striving to be more and more like Christ. My desire is to know Him so much more intimately but sometimes it's scarey to think of the depths I may have to go to know Him that well. It's comforting to know, though, that He only has our best in mind. Thanks honey for the time you spend preparing and studying God's Word to present it to us each week.
Shout out to my Jessica. She won 2nd runner up in the Miss South Aiken pageant. You were beautiful darling and I am always proud of you, more proud of your inner beauty and attitude. It's the beauty of Christ that shines forth and makes you so attractive.
Busy, busy day today. Stephen has his first baseball scrimmage of the season at 5, John plays JV basketball game at 7, and Jessica is playing basketball championship game at 8. Are we a sports beserk family or what? It keeps them busy and me entertained. Gotta love that.
Have a God blessed day.

No comments: