Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Morning Perspective

There are some Sunday's where I notice things maybe a little more than other times. Yesterday was one of those. I love seeing band members smile as they play. Makes me think they are really enjoying what they're doing. I love it when they sing while they play. I love glancing around and seeing our faithful ones who are there rain or shine, good weather, bad weather makes no difference to them. I love seeing new faces that at least look like first timers and then new faces that look familiar from somewhere just not Fairview. 
Yesterday was a bit bittersweet. Our family is front row baptists. Maybe because we are easily distracted, but we like being up close. Therefore we all sit on one row, the front one, shoulder to shoulder, almost on one another's lap. I like it that way. Sometimes I think I can hear their hearts race as they worship or as Eddie makes a point (no not really). Anyway, I thought yesterday, that was our last one for a while exactly like that. They will be going to our East campus to serve our church there most Sundays. I'll miss them at our main campus but I'm so thrilled when they jumped all over that opportunity. They've been working so hard to help at that site and we are all excited that God is allowing us as a church to be a part of a new thing He is doing. Pray for God to do some God-size work there and we would keep our hands off and the desire to control would be nil. 
As for the service, every part of worship was grande! We finished the series, God's Lost and Found, with The Lost Sibling. That one probably left me thinking even more than all of the others. Eddie asked us to pray for eyes to see any tendencies we have towards being like the older brother (or sister). Tendencies such as judgmental, self-righteous, complaining, criticizing, unforgiving. Older brothers seldom perceive their predicament. They are carnal Christians who never leave the House. As he said, not all prodigals are in the pig pen, they're also in the pews. 
Can't wait for next Sunday. It is our launch Sunday for Fairview East. It's Easter! And we start a new series, Running on Empty, that has much potential, I believe, to bring healing and hope to many. Get your friends and neighbors there. Easter is an easy invite!!

No comments: