Monday, March 23, 2015

A Super-sized THANK YOU

I've been wanting to get on here for days and give my shout out to so many of you for being a part of the Living Proof Live Greenville Rally, but we had a Friday and Saturday full of baseball and then Sunday, well you know what Sunday means. It's just been one busy day after another. 
We had the rally last Thursday night. It was the culmination of many meetings, much planning, a few sleepless nights, and one slightly less than hysterical breakdown. You know how it is when you plan an event. It's somewhat like a roller coaster ride and when it's over, and everything came together as it should, you just take a big breath and feel sad and thankful all at the same time. 
First of all I'm thankful God even allows me to serve Him. Knowing my faults, frailties, and weaknesses and He still gives me opportunities that are way over my head, totally blows my mind. I never want to disappoint Him. I never want to let Him down. I've told Him I'll serve 1 or 100 or 1000 or whatever He wants. As long as He's the one who does it I'll trust Him and do whatever He asks. I just want Him to keep asking. 
I love being on this core team to bring Living Proof Live to Greenville in July. The women on this team have each become precious to me in different ways. They are so gifted and so selfless! They have challenged me not only in working with a team and all the administrative stuff that has to be done, but they've challenged me in my spiritual life to pray more and trust more and have lots of fun along the way! I thank them so much for all they did in helping make the rally happen. They gave of their time and treasure and talents and everything else that was asked of them. I'm so thankful for the time we still have together as we look forward to July. 
Now for my church family...NOONE compares to you!! You stepped up in such a grand way. You volunteered and contributed in so many ways. Thank you to our amazing staff for going the extra mile and making things easy on me. To my favor team, you are the cream of the crop. You are gifted beyond what I'm sure you even believe. The one thing I know for sure about leadership is that you surround yourself with godly people and turn them loose to use their gifts! You all are jaw dropping amazing!! I love you all. 
And to my family...I promise not to say the word rally again, at least for a while. My sweet husband couldn't be more patient and supportive. He allows me and encourages me to minister and take on tasks much larger than myself. He's always the one believing in me and giving me room to grow and try things. My precious girls stepped up and served and put up with me for months hashing and rehashing all the details. I know sometimes I push them a bit harder and expect a bit more than I do other volunteers. Thanks girls for pressing on with me. My boys best encouragement comes from giving their mom a hug and actually seeming to be interested in women's ministry. Dropping by to check things out and offer some words of praise means more to their mom than they know. And for bringing me some Chick Fil A on a day when that was probably going to be the only food I got, well that's just how sweet they all are! 
I can't wait to get back with my Favor team and focus on serving our church and community. Leading women to embrace all Jesus has for us and enjoy community with one another is more than a thrill ride for me. God is so good to allow us to serve in His name. He's worthy of all of our time, energy, effort and even a few tears and gray hairs along the way. 

No comments: